Friday, November 4, 2011

Christmas 2011

Hey Guys! I just have a question for you all. We are moving away and creating our own families. Yes, we want to see each other for the holidays, but we need to figure out what we would like to do for gifts. It is rather pointless to sent checks and gift cards. Say I send a $10.00 gift card to Jon and Grace... and guess what? They had decided to send me a gift card with he same amount. It's just as well if we don't give gifts...

My suggestion this year is that we draw from a hat and give one special gift to the person we get. Sort of like our Christmas Angel thing we did before. This is just a suggestion. Please let me know what you think and then we can go from there.

(Matt's family adopted this because of this very issue. We can't all afford to give each other $50.00 gifts - as much as we would like to.)

Love you all!-Christy

5 comments:

  1. i think that's a good idea. especially since we're poor college students and will have a brand new baby by then.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jon and I are all for it. :) We're poor college students too. When can we draw from a hat? When will we all be together?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Brandon and I are down for that too. I'm a poor college student too. It's better to receive on nice gift instead of 500 dollar store gifts. Our family is just getting too big for traditional gift exchanging.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can't figure this site out... why am I a follower and a member, why can't I just be a member?.. and it won't let me upload a photo :(

    ReplyDelete
  5. I wanna buy presents on Black Friday... any way we can figure who's got who?

    ReplyDelete