Thursday, November 24, 2011

Proud of my Family

As everyone knows I've been having problems with my sister-in-law... not you two, the other side. I just recently found out that they put vodka in squirt soda at the wedding, posted it on facebook and then even commented saying that "they were being considerate since there was no caffeine in the soda"... mocking my family and their beliefs. It was even AFTER this that I tried to apologize to her for anything my family "might" have said regarding her dress being too short. (Then she blew up at me for everything else.. long story, and we sat down for a family meeting.)

At the family meeting she exaggerated the story from someone said her dress was short to someone calling her directly slang and vulgar vocabulary. (Of course she could never say who that someone was.) Immediately and without a doubt I exclaimed that my family never would say such a thing. A short dress possibly and I had already apologized for that, but that kind of vocabulary... NEVER.
I'm supposed to have my family apologize to her for commenting that her dress was short (and anything else she claimed happened) but she won't apologize to my family for directly disrespecting them and posting evidence as well as mocking their beliefs?!!! (I know we don't have the same beliefs, but as a true American in a country based on religious freedom I am dead set and determined to stand up for and defend any one's right to have their religion respected.)
No one is perfect, and I'm not saying my family is, but I'm sure proud that I could stand up for my family without a doubt knowing that my family holds unwavering standards that I could stand behind.
I just wanted to let you all know that I love you all and I'm proud of you!!!
Thanks for being my family!!!

2 comments:

  1. I'm really sorry about everything you are going through, Ruth! No family deserves to have this sort of relationship. I know you are really hurt, and I can't imagine what Brandon is going through right now either. It' must hurt him deeply to have his family fighting like this.

    I want you to know that I love you both! You are great people! I am so blessed to know you!

    Loves!

    ReplyDelete